cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 Guest Portal - This device has not been registered.

Martin Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup and SSID on my WLC. I got the redirecting to my ISE guestportal working.

However when I sign in I get a Device regitration Page

"This device has not been registered"

Unable to obtain the user information needed for network access.

The device ID is grayed out and blank.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated

5 Replies 5

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

On the guest portal settings uncheck the box for Enable Self-Provisioning Flow and it will disable device registration and truly act like a guest portal.

Thanks Johnston,

P.S for those who needs the path ISE 1.2 Administration -> Web Portal Management -> Settings -> Multi-Portal Configurations -> DefaultGuestPortal -> Operations.

On another note

When I login - I get my acceptable usage policy.

Accept

Then get a Device registration Portal where I can add the MAC address.

Now I have two quistions.

When I add my test mac address the url redirects to myservername:8443/guestportal/AfterDevReg.action - unable to connect <- that's the one issue.

The other is - Can't I by pass the MAC? ie once the user is signed on to get access.

Curretly I have the following settings enabled.

Enable Mobile Portal

Allow guest users to change password

Guest users should be allowed to do device registration <- if I disable that after signon the page just flash back to the guest portal.

Got it working

The main step I have missed was with the Authorization rule

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11640/products_configuration_example09186a0080ba6514.shtml#anc9

jjohnston1127

Thanks alot!!

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Great !!! and thank you for sharing the mistake too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: