Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 load balancing and Jgroups

danhosking
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to loadbalance PSN nodes. Instead of using a loadbalancer I would like to use Jgroups which I have seen in release 1.2 presentations. However I am unable to find any information in configuration guides detailing how to design and configure this feature. Has anyone seen more detail? is it even possible to use this feature to loadbalance without a loadbalancer such as an F5 or have I misinterpurated the purpose of Jgroups?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

jgroup is how db sync/ replication work in 1.2, which replace the queuing mechnism in 1.1.

but this should not be related to PSN LB? do you mean you want to lb requests between several PSNs?

using F5 or ACE can help, also 1.2 support wildcard certificate will help address the cert warning problem.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My suggestion, contact your SE, if it was published/presented somewhere by Cisco  our TME folks have most likely have a more detailed instructions on what to do and how to do it. You SE can request/create something with TME help.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Marcin is right. You need to contact your Cisco SE or you can also open a case with TAC. Till now no document is available on this.

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

jgroup is how db sync/ replication work in 1.2, which replace the queuing mechnism in 1.1.

but this should not be related to PSN LB? do you mean you want to lb requests between several PSNs?

using F5 or ACE can help, also 1.2 support wildcard certificate will help address the cert warning problem.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Sorry I misunderstood a slide 365 live.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: