cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2. profiling

cgarringer
Level 1
Level 1

We are rolling out Cisco ISE. The initial test area is IS, and we hit a problem with a Cisco 8831 conference phone not being recognized. We added a test for the 8831 but was still not seen. The consultant found that it was not being recognized as a Cisco-device as it was a revolabs device. Now it is recognized as a Cisco-device but stops there. The 8 tests for Cisco-iPhone I checked manually and it appears to me to add to 65' with a setting minimum 20. But is is still not seeing it as a Cisco phone. Has anyone else had a problem with the phone profiling?
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

fashour
Level 1
Level 1

Can you share a screenshot of the endpoint with its collected attributes Along with the relevant profiling policies All the nested ones:

Cisco-Device

Cisco-IP-Phone

Cisco-IP-Conference-Station-8831

Fadi

We upgraded to Patch 5 of ISE 1.2 and now the phone is being recognized correctly.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Inorder to have ISE recognise broader range of endpoints, please use the latest version of ISE with updated patch and also use feed service for profiler

Saurav,

Can you please elaborate a bit on what you mean by "Feed Service for Profiler"?

I am not able to find this referenced anywhere in my ISE 1.2 deployment.

Thank You.

Edit:

I found where that option was located from a different post on here.  No idea how I missed it.

Profiler Feed Service

Cisco ISE, Release 1.2 provides a profiler feed service for publishing new profile definitions, updated profile definitions, and new OUI databases posted from IEEE.You can retrieve new and updated endpoint profiling policies and the updated OUI database as a feed from a designated Cisco feed server through a subscription in Cisco ISE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: