Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 sponsor portal - disabling default languages

tjoliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are implementing Cisco ISE 1.2 and have a question on the sponsor portal languages.

The client company's official language is English and so we would like to disable all other languages from the sponsor portal. If we don't do it, the users might select their native language (on the sponsor settings and/or the guest notification language) meaning that we have to customize and maintain all 15 language templates.

It has alread happened during the tests: a sponsor created a guest account and choose a notification language other than English - the SMS was not sent because the "Destination" on the "SMS text message notification" default value is "sms@example.com".

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Telmo Oliveira

7 Replies 7

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

while configuring the sponsor portal you can fix English as the default language.So the only option will be English for the sponsor.

*************Do rate helpful posts*************************

Hi Kaaftab,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running v 1.2.0.899 and I don't see any place where I can "fix English as the default language". Can you please elaborate where can I find that option?

Regards,

Telmo Oliveira

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

check attached screenshot

Hi vattullu,

Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately the portal I was referring to is the sponsor portal, the one used by sponsors to create guest wireless accounts (please see attached). The one you mention is the guest portal and for this, yes, you can restrict the language.

Do you think if we can make a feature request?

Regards,

Telmo

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_webportals.html#pgfId-1000848

Hi Sadlodh,

Thank you for the reply.

The link you sent describes the configuration to add new languages and I would like to disable some of the standard, out-of-the box languages.

Regards,

Telmo

tjoliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

This reply to myself is done for documentation proposes, it can help someone with the same challenge.

Today I was at an event at Cisco where ISE 1.3 beta was presented. This version will have already the option to choose between browser locale or static language template. Talking to the Cisco eng. responsible for the presentation, he told me that 1.2 had no way to do it.

Cisco ISE 1.3 is now planned to be release end of 2014.

Regards,

Telmo Oliveira

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: