cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 wireless endpoint can't view the IP address

Eccom-TAC
Level 1
Level 1
The wireless endpoint can't view the IP address,while there is no question of wired endpoint. Please check the attachment pictures,whether it is normal phenomenon or not.
6 Replies 6

Octavian Szolga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have you checked on WLC? Can you see the IP of the client when checking the session (details)?

Check if your SSID/WLAN is configured for DHCP profiling. (advanced/right section checkbox)

If it donesn't work, you can capture the radius traffic between ISE and WLC and check if WLC sends you the info so that you can tell for sure if it's an ISE issue or WLC issue.

Regards,

Octavian

thank you. I will try to check it.

hi , 1. in WLC, i can see the ip address; 2.in endpoint of ise, i can see the ip add of endpoint; 3.in the live authentication of ise, i cannot see the ip address

Hi,

I can see the IP of the client when checking the session (details),

the SSID/WLAN is not configured for DHCP profiling.  

How can I capture the radius traffic between ISE and WLC ?

Hi,

Go to ISE - radius live log section (don't remember the parent category) and in the same dropbox menu so to speak, you'll see a troubleshoot section in which (after you'll click it) you'll see a tcpdump capture option.

When you open the tcpdump section, just select the PSN and the correct interface and place a filter like "host WLC_IP"

After you're done, stop the capture and download it for use with a local wireshark.

Thanks,

Octavian

thank you