Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.0 support with 2960-X Lan Lite

Hiep Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

In our device compatibility docs of ISE, I see some confusions:

1. For ISE 1.2, we mentioned that 2960 LAN Lite is supported but not recommended with ISE 1.2 due to limited feature support. LAN Lite supports only 802.1X and VLAN assignments
  2. For ISE 2.0, I dont see any comment related to 2960 Lan Lite. (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/compatibility/ise_sdt.html)

So I would like to ask:

1. For ISE 2.0, do we still support 2960 LAN Lite?
  2. What about 2960-X Lan Lite, can it support full features (because we only see 2960-X in general in compatibility doc)

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE 1.2 Compatibility Guide says: LAN Lite supports only 802.1X and VLAN assignments.

This means the 2960 LAN Lite  can do 802.1X to perform authentication to ISE via RADIUS for authorization enforcement with VLANs.

It will still interoperate with ISE 2.0 via the standard RADIUS protocol but it will not be able to do anything other than VLAN assignment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE 1.2 Compatibility Guide says: LAN Lite supports only 802.1X and VLAN assignments.

This means the 2960 LAN Lite  can do 802.1X to perform authentication to ISE via RADIUS for authorization enforcement with VLANs.

It will still interoperate with ISE 2.0 via the standard RADIUS protocol but it will not be able to do anything other than VLAN assignment.

Hi,

I am trying to get this working to use 802.1x authentication with RADIUS, but on LAN Lite the policy-map and service-policy commands are not available so the interface never sends the auth request to RADIUS.

On a LAN Base I have the same config and it works because the policy-map enables the authentication.

With legacy mode authentication the LAN Lite switch works fine for 802.1x and RADIUS, but it breaks when converting to new-style.  I cannot find a config sample anywhere that works.

rezaalikhani
Level 3
Level 3

Another limitation is that when using LAN Lite, the "authentication open" command is not available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: