cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 does not send service type attribute

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

We are using ISE for authorization WLC admin access - ISE has to set service type attribute to 6 (Administrative) for Read-Write access and 7 (Nas-Prompt) for ReadOnly access.

After upgrading to ISE 2.2 this stopped to work - we found that in RADIUS response the Service type attribute is always set to 7 - which seems to be copied from RADIUS request - this has been discover by debugging RADIUS on WLC.

When I look in ISE authentication details - there is no Service Type attribute set in Result section. We tried to set Service Type attribute in Authorization result in several ways, but it never set the attribute in RADIUS response to NAS device.

We also checked older logs from time with ISE version 2.1 and there I can see the Service Type attribute was properly set according authorization result object.

Does anybody has the same problem?

Regards

Pavel

5 Replies 5

We are having the same issue with our deployment. Just now upgraded to ISE 2.2 and we cannot access our WLC using ISE as a method.

No Service-Type attribute is returned upon WLC login. We have tried deleting AuthZ and recreating but no result. Also tried with different roles (Administrative, NAS Prompt, Callback Adminstrative) but nothing works.

Regards

Jacob

Hi,

did you find any solution? I am quite bussy with other non-working Cisco staf. As nobody other answered to this streem, it seem to me we will have to open it on Cisco TAC (I hoped some Cisco guy could take over it but it seem it is only a dream).

Hi all,

Me and Veronika are on the case, literally :)

Best regards,

Maciej P 

Cisco TAC AAA 

Thank you for the info - if you will need any details about the issue, let me know.

mpodolsk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd61189/?reffering_site=dumpcr