Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 Posture Status - 'No Policy Server Detected'

engineer467
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Few of our windows 10 workstations' anyconnect is showing this while posture checking - No Policy Server Detected.

--> I can ping the PSN IP and FQDN from those PCs.

--> IP Address of the PSN is configured in 'Call Home List'.

--> There is ConnectionData.xml file present in C:\Users\Ecloud\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, which have details of the PSN.

I have checked all the above parameters, is there anything else i am missing here, please help.

ISE Version - 2.2.0.470

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default install directory is found here: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\ISE Posture

Have you done a comparison between working/non-working clients for files here? The ConnectionData.xml is a file that will contain a list of PSNs in which the posture module will attempt a connection to if/when the Call Home List is empty or fails.  The Call Home List is configured within the ISEPostureCFG.xml file.  I have seen this error in the past when clients are misconfigured via missing ISEPostureCFG.xml so I would recommend starting there first.  HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The default install directory is found here: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\ISE Posture

Have you done a comparison between working/non-working clients for files here? The ConnectionData.xml is a file that will contain a list of PSNs in which the posture module will attempt a connection to if/when the Call Home List is empty or fails.  The Call Home List is configured within the ISEPostureCFG.xml file.  I have seen this error in the past when clients are misconfigured via missing ISEPostureCFG.xml so I would recommend starting there first.  HTH!

Thank you for your reply.

I can see ISEPostureCFG.xml is present, with call home list details.

But I haven't yet done comparison between working and non-working workstations.

Let me check this tomorrow and update here.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: