Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 Licese Issue?

tolarosa@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I have a customer that upgraded ISE from ISE version 2.1.0.474 to version 2.3 .0298 Patch 3. After the upgrade the system would not accept their existing license files and instead came up running a 30 day evaluation license. 

Any thoughts on why this happened and how to get it resolved?

Thanks,

-Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did they rebuild either PAN nodes?  The person that originally fulfilled the licenses could possibly rehost them from the license portal.

https://slexui.cloudapps.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart

Select the licenses and then from the drop down select rehost.    rehost.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please work with TAC to debug the issue

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did they rebuild either PAN nodes?  The person that originally fulfilled the licenses could possibly rehost them from the license portal.

https://slexui.cloudapps.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart

Select the licenses and then from the drop down select rehost.    rehost.jpg

Thanks good point if there serial number changed because they restored on another VM or appliance then it would need to be rehosted

Another good reason to use Smart Licensing.  Since moving to Smart Licensing, I can rebuild VM's all the time but I don't need to care about this licensing malarkey any more.  If you have loads of other Cisco products then the added benefit of Smart Licensing is that you can see what you have, and what you have consumed on a single dashboard.  Nobody likes licensing, but this is a step in the right direction.

After the upgrade the PAN VID changed, not the serial number.  Would that also require a rehost of the licenses?

When I create a license it requires this so I would assume yes you would need to regenerate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: