cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 Support for Forcepoint NGFW

xayxa30
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any resources on how to use TACACS with Forcepoint NGFW?

I assume I have to import a RADIUS dictionary [if they have it] from the vendor before I can try to create a profile for it ?

Does the RADIUS dictionary cover TACACS ? I did not see vendor specific listings under TACACS in the dictionary.

Thanks,

Pete

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I'm not very familiar with Forcepoint but searching what kind of external authentication they support, I've found that your tacacs or radius will be only for authentication and you'll need to create the user locally on your system for authorization purpose (https://help.stonesoft.com/onlinehelp/StoneGate/SMC/6.3.0/GUID-26D7F914-2335-4D52-BE07-869BD6D165FD.html)

In that context, you don't need to import any dictionary.
If you have a specific documentation stating otherwise, please share it.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

You're welcome. Glad it works!

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I'm not very familiar with Forcepoint but searching what kind of external authentication they support, I've found that your tacacs or radius will be only for authentication and you'll need to create the user locally on your system for authorization purpose (https://help.stonesoft.com/onlinehelp/StoneGate/SMC/6.3.0/GUID-26D7F914-2335-4D52-BE07-869BD6D165FD.html)

In that context, you don't need to import any dictionary.
If you have a specific documentation stating otherwise, please share it.

Thanks
Francesco

Okay thanks for the clarification. I got it working and as you say no vsa imports needed.

You're welcome. Glad it works!

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: