Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 integration with Microsoft SCCM and Intune

tlenzenh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team, 

My current project is to assist the customer with the integration of their new ISE 2.4 solution with Microsoft's SCCM and Intune.

I got a few questions around the following:

1, The ISE 2.4 compatibility guide at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/compatibility/b_ise_sdt_24.html#mdmservers says this in regards to compatibility:

• Microsoft Intune - for mobile devices

• Microsoft SCCM - for desktop devices

Can someone please provide some more information around these statements? What are these limitations to 'mobile devices' or 'desktop devices' only? Where does this limitation come from - is that an ISE or a Microsoft limitation? Where can I find more information about that?

2, I recall the implementations with MDMs such as Citrix and Airwatch I have done in the past - there were a set of MDM attributes in ISE that could be used in ISE policies for verification with the MDM server.

How does this work with Intune? I looked at the guide at https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-to-integrate-microsoft-intune-with-ise-2-1-presentation/ta-p/3619502 but it doesn't really talk about that detail. Does anyone have an updated integration guide that explains that detail?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Thomas

ISE integrates with Microsoft SCCM for patch management check with Posture flow and with SCCM server for checking the compliance of the endpoint with MDM flow. 

both these flows are explained in the link here - How to integrate ISE with SCCM

The Intune document though old, is still relevant. Can you be more specific about what information you are looking for ? we can work on updating teh document for missing information .

Thanks,

Nidhi

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Thomas

ISE integrates with Microsoft SCCM for patch management check with Posture flow and with SCCM server for checking the compliance of the endpoint with MDM flow. 

both these flows are explained in the link here - How to integrate ISE with SCCM

The Intune document though old, is still relevant. Can you be more specific about what information you are looking for ? we can work on updating teh document for missing information .

Thanks,

Nidhi

Hi Nidhi, 

thanks for the reply, thats good info. But what I wanted to specifically understand better (as per my original post) is what the limitations are that the compatibility matrix suggests. Ie. what does it mean that Intune integration is limited to mobile devices only and SCCM limited to Desktops?

I mean these days the lines between mobile devices and desktops are really blurred, so I wanted to understand what in particular does it mean in practice that Intune does only work with mobile devices and SCCM only with desktops?

Whose limitation is it - ISE or Microsoft and why?

Thanks again

Thomas

Hi @tlenzenh 

did you get a reply to your question - it's an interesting one.

Hi Arne, 

unfortunately I didn't get any further reply so my question is still unanswered to date ...

Cheers

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: