Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Policy using nas-port-id

Evanjrosado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

looking out there to see if anyone has used RADIUS attribute, nas-port-id in an authorization policy to lock down switch port access to specific devices. We deployed a few Cisco, 12 port, 3560-CX switches in our conference rooms and have integrated them with our ISE 2.4 RADIUS servers. Here's an example of what i'm thinking of implementing. 

• Authentication
    • DOT1x with PEAP-EAP, MS-CHAPV2
  • Authorization
    • if device is in external group <AD group name>, and

• if nas-port-id is within range gigabitethernet0/1 through gigabitethernet0/10

• Authorization Result
    • DACL with access needed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I have done NAS port ID before as well.  You can also create a specific location or device type for these conference room switches to tie that into the rule as well.

One other though that works well is this:

1. Put the conference room ports on an Internet only VLAN.
  2. If Dot1x device plugs in, i.e. corporate device, move them to corporate VLAN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I've used it in the lab to target a specific port with no issue, but never in production. From a policy perspective it works, you will have to decide if it works or not from a design perspective.

In the current state anything with port numbers would hit, I would still add network access device name/ip.

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I have done NAS port ID before as well.  You can also create a specific location or device type for these conference room switches to tie that into the rule as well.

One other though that works well is this:

1. Put the conference room ports on an Internet only VLAN.
  2. If Dot1x device plugs in, i.e. corporate device, move them to corporate VLAN.