Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 Licensing Reports

rsharp001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all -

I've been going through the reports in ISE but having a hard time finding one that shows where all the base licenses are being consumed.  Is it in the active sessions or should I be pulling he RADIUS accounting reports and filtering them?  Is there one that shows consumption over time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "Current Active Sessions" report gives a reasonable view of this and can easily be made in to a pivot table. It lists what license is in use for every session in the report data that is exported. 

Consumption over time reporting is not available, you can get a very high level glimpse of this from the gui if you are using traditional pak licensing. 
ex. 
license-usage.JPG

license-usage2.JPG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "Current Active Sessions" report gives a reasonable view of this and can easily be made in to a pivot table. It lists what license is in use for every session in the report data that is exported. 

Consumption over time reporting is not available, you can get a very high level glimpse of this from the gui if you are using traditional pak licensing. 
ex. 
license-usage.JPG

license-usage2.JPG

Hey Damien -

I am thinking my issue may lay in the report seems truncated.  My total base consumption, according to the Smart Licensing is 1500.  When I run this report I'm only seeing a max of 500 records.  Any quick thoughts?

Found the issue - the web GUI must be limited in the amount it can provide.

Sent the CSV to a repository and found all the sessions.

Robert

Thanks but where exactly can I find that report?

rsharp001
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Damien.  I ended up finding, after I posted, another thread with you answering this question.  Guess I'm not "seeing" what I want in the output haha.

Robert