cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 Live Logs Blank Popup

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has anyone ever seen an issue with ISE 2.6 where when you go to the Radius Live Logs page, you get a popup box that is blank with just a continue button.  After clicking the continue button, the Live Logs don't load any data.  Just stays stuck on fetching data or no data found.  If you change any of the filters or try to refresh, the blank popup comes up again.  This is after an upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6.  2.6 Patch 2 was installed and the issue is still there.

Live Sessions has data and Reports show Radius Authentications.  Seems like it is just an issue with Live Logs.  Any ideas or previous experiences?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I don't see why the ISE messaging service would cause this. Try clearing your cache and using latest version of Firefox. otherwise please log ticket with TAC to get to the bottom of it

View solution in original post

I did reboot both Admin/MnT appliances and it did not help.

I was able to get it working if I switched the "Primary MnT" role over to the same node as the "Primary Admin".  Before, my Primary Admin was the Secondary MnT.  Secondary Admin was the Primary MnT.  Leaving both primary roles on the same node for now until we can resolve the issue with TAC.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have you tried this with different (but supported)  browsers (e.g.) ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yes, we have tried other browsers.

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3

@Colby LeMaire wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an issue with ISE 2.6 where when you go to the Radius Live Logs page, you get a popup box that is blank with just a continue button.  After clicking the continue button, the Live Logs don't load any data.  Just stays stuck on fetching data or no data found.  If you change any of the filters or try to refresh, the blank popup comes up again.  This is after an upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6.  2.6 Patch 2 was installed and the issue is still there.

Live Sessions has data and Reports show Radius Authentications.  Seems like it is just an issue with Live Logs.  Any ideas or previous experiences?

Yes, I've run into this issue last month.  Did you try to "uncheck" the box "Use "ISE Messaging Service" for UDP Syslogs delivery to MnT" in ISE?  It is under "Administration --> System --->  Settings ---> Logging.

This features was not available or disabled by default in ISE 2.4.  It is is enabled by default in ISE 2.6.

I don't see why the ISE messaging service would cause this. Try clearing your cache and using latest version of Firefox. otherwise please log ticket with TAC to get to the bottom of it

Tried different browsers and cleared the cache.  Didn't help.  Right-clicking the blank popup and selecting "Inspect element", I was able to see that it appears to be an Internal Server Error (500).  Working with TAC now.  Was just hoping it was a simple fix.

Unchecking that box did not help.  But thanks for the suggestion.

@Colby LeMaire wrote:

Unchecking that box did not help.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Did you also reboot the appliance?  Mine didn't work until after I reboot the appliance.

I did reboot both Admin/MnT appliances and it did not help.

I was able to get it working if I switched the "Primary MnT" role over to the same node as the "Primary Admin".  Before, my Primary Admin was the Secondary MnT.  Secondary Admin was the Primary MnT.  Leaving both primary roles on the same node for now until we can resolve the issue with TAC.

Did you get an answer from TAC on this?  I had the same thing happen.  Primary Admin/Secondary MnT and Secondary Admin/Primary MnT and I wasn't getting updates.  Switched it so both Primary on the same node and it works.

We have bug CSCvt15893 for this issue .You can reach to out TAC ,they will share HP to fix the issue .otherwise they can run reset of Mnt DB will fix the issue ,they will loss the old data .

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Great help...THANKS!!!!

We are running 2.7 and had exactly this issue!!

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just wanted to provide an update on this.  Turned on debugging on ISE for cpm-mnt and cisco-mnt, recreated the issue where the Live Logs page doesn't load and we just get a blank popup box.  Turned debugging off.  Downloaded and reviewed the ISE-PSC log file from the Primary MnT.  In that log, there was an Oracle error "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist".  The solution was to reset the MNT database using "application configure ise" and selecting option 4.  After that, the Radius Live Logs started working.

I think we are seeing the same issue. We had lievelogs until we registered the second node, then I lost logs on my primary unit. I have a TAC open on it.

What is option 4? does this do a repair, or will it wipe out the unit? Just wondering.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: