cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 Live Logs Blank Popup

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has anyone ever seen an issue with ISE 2.6 where when you go to the Radius Live Logs page, you get a popup box that is blank with just a continue button.  After clicking the continue button, the Live Logs don't load any data.  Just stays stuck on fetching data or no data found.  If you change any of the filters or try to refresh, the blank popup comes up again.  This is after an upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6.  2.6 Patch 2 was installed and the issue is still there.

Live Sessions has data and Reports show Radius Authentications.  Seems like it is just an issue with Live Logs.  Any ideas or previous experiences?

24 Replies 24

Same here, has anyone else fixed by this method, and what is the impact of running the reset?

Here is what i did to get it work (upgrade from ise 2.4 to 2.6)

1. uninstall patches

2. [4]Reset M&T Database

ise/admin# application configure ise

Selection configuration option
[1]Reset M&T Session Database
[2]Rebuild M&T Unusable Indexes
[3]Purge M&T Operational Data
[4]Reset M&T Database
[5]Refresh Database Statistics
[6]Display Profiler Statistics
[7]Export Internal CA Store
[8]Import Internal CA Store
[9]Create Missing Config Indexes
[10]Create Missing M&T Indexes
[11]Enable/Disable ACS Migration
[12]Generate Daily KPM Stats
[13]Generate KPM Stats for last 8 Weeks
[14]Enable/Disable Counter Attribute Collection
[15]View Admin Users
[16]Get all Endpoints
[17]Enable/Disable Wifi Setup
[18]Reset Config Wifi Setup
[19]Establish Trust with controller
[20]Reset Context Visibility
[21]Synchronize Context Visibility With Database
[22]Generate Heap Dump
[23]Generate Thread Dump
[24]Force Backup Cancellation
[0]Exit

re install patches and the live log works again

The reset just recreates the database tables and populates the data again.  When we did the reset, I was worried that we would have to restore the operational backup, but the data remained there.  So the reset is not blowing the data away.  Just recreating the database tables and repopulating.

So, I did this.
However, it did clear all the old logs, from tacacs command accounting reports for instance.
Although I no longer get a blank pop up on radius live logs, I don’t get any radius logs at all.
It’s a VM that I can roll back, but I would like to get this bottomed out. Doesn’t fill me with confidence on upgrading physical SNS to be honest, as they won’t just roll back like a VM will.
TAC case next week me thinks, hopefully it’s a simple repeatable fix!

This issue has been pending now for 3 months. 

When will there be a workaround and/or fix issued?

What issue are you seeing?  Have you tried the MNT database reset?

Vostok
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and for recovery TAC engineer help me with next solution:

admin# app conf ise

Selection configuration option
[1]Reset M&T Session Database
[2]Rebuild M&T Unusable Indexes
[3]Purge M&T Operational Data
[4]Reset M&T Database
[5]Refresh Database Statistics
[6]Display Profiler Statistics
[7]Export Internal CA Store
[8]Import Internal CA Store
[9]Create Missing Config Indexes
[10]Create Missing M&T Indexes
[11]Enable/Disable ACS Migration
[12]Generate Daily KPM Stats
[13]Generate KPM Stats for last 8 Weeks
[14]Enable/Disable Counter Attribute Collection
[15]View Admin Users
[16]Get all Endpoints
[17]Enable/Disable Wifi Setup
[18]Reset Config Wifi Setup
[19]Establish Trust with controller
[20]Reset Context Visibility
[21]Synchronize Context Visibility With Database
[22]Generate Heap Dump
[23]Generate Thread Dump
[24]Force Backup Cancellation
[0]Exit

You are about to reset the M&T database. Following this operation, application will be restarted.
Are you sure you want to proceed? y/n [n]: y

After cleaning and indexing database all perfect start work.

Hi,

Did TAC engineer provide any permanent fix? Is there a bug associated with the issue?

We had the same issue after upgrading from 2.4 to 2.6 and applying patch 6.  I did the "app configure ise" command from the cli and then chose option 4 to reset the m&t database...after services were restarted, all looked good for the radius logs.

bparker
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading from 2.3 to 2.7.2 on a new vm, restoring the config and migrating the ips for my switches to the new ISE servers. I was having the same issue as you guys on the new server where I could login but not see the events in the live view for tacacs or radius, i had my secondary as the monitor node. I migrated it back to the primary and it started to log. I just reset the M&T with the ISE1-1/iseadmin# application configure ise option 4 as well. I was getting logs so i switched the secondary mnt to primary for monitor and it continued to log. thanks for the clue I didnt want to have to call tac.