cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7: ISE node (on VMware) took very long for a reload.

swscco001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I had to change the DNS-Servers on the two ISE 2.7 of our customer.

I did this on the CLI and got the information that a reload is necesary

that the change have effect.

I reloaded the second ISE node and the node was accessible after approx. 3 minutes again.

Then I reloaded the first ISE node and I could not access the node anymore then. After

a long time I could access it again the monitoring reported an outage of 28 minutes!

The customer wants to know the reason for this long outage.

I found the possibility for a 'Health Checks' under 'Administration' in the GUI (see screen dump).

My questions:

1. Does it make sense to find out more about the reason for the long outage and can I

let run this during normal office hours or does it pull down the ISE perfomance?

2. Is there any other I can do to find out more about the reason for the long outage?

Thanks a lot for every hint!

Greetings,

R.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Did you run the Health Checks in  the end ? What was the outcome ? Also after boot check show logging system ade/ADE.log  (through the CLI)
 M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi marce1000,

I want to let run the Health Checks when I know this will not disturb customers business. This is a medical laboratory and they work around the clock ...

Does the Health Checks has usually remarakable influence to the performacne of the ISE?

Thanks a lot!

Bye
R.

>Does the Health Checks has usually remarakable influence to the performacne of the ISE?

No it won't.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !