cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 - New install - 100% cpu

Y C
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ise 2.1 cluster that's been working for some time. Intent was to start a non-production 2.7 cluster, get it up and running, then move production over to it.

Created new vm #1- installed 2.4 - isntalled patch 13 - restored 2.1 backup - upgraded to 2.7 - installed patch 2 - good

Created new vm #2- installed 2.7 - installed patch 2 - joined to deployment - good

Created new vm #3- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged - rebooted after 30 min - seems ok

Created new vm #4- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged for 8 hours - seems ok - havent done patch 2 or joined deployment yet

Created new vm #5- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged for 8 hours - seems ok - havent done patch 2 or joined deployment yet

Created new vm #6- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged for 8 hours - seems ok - havent done patch 2 or joined deployment yet

Not sure whats going on with #3-4-5-6. All services were running except application server got stuck initializing. When doing an application stop ise I got the following:

Waiting up to 20 seconds for lock: DATABASE_CLEANUP to complete
Database is still locked by lock: DATABASE_CLEANUP. Aborting. Please try again later
%Error: Another ISE DB process (DATABASE_CLEANUP) is in progress, cannot perform Application Stop at this time

After rebooting #3 the application came up as normal within minutes as expected. I left for the night and came back in the morning - #4-5-6 came up on their own after 8 hours of 100% cpu.  These are brand new installs that have no config. I found an existing past thread that had the same error but that indicated it was on an existing install that possibly had a large db.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jstickler
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem immediately after deploying 2.7 on a 3655 server.  After a while I did a server restart and the Application Server service came up shortly after.  Once that did I immediately installed Patch 2 and it seems to be fine now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jstickler
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem immediately after deploying 2.7 on a 3655 server.  After a while I did a server restart and the Application Server service came up shortly after.  Once that did I immediately installed Patch 2 and it seems to be fine now.

Yep... there must be a glitch somewhere that intermittently triggers this. #1 started with a different version so I can't consider that... but why it happened on #3-#4-#5-#6 but not #2 is a mystery. Had it happen on my #2 machine I would never have joined it to the deployment.

TAC did a onceover on it and declared it good. No alarms at that point, the certs were generated, no crash files. They joined the deployment ok. I'm chasing other intra-deployment cert issues now but cpu is normal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: