cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
jpujol
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.7 upgrade : Sef-Registration Guest flow broken with the default international phone number pull-down

Hi, 

Anyone already experienced the new self-registration form with the "phone number as username option" ? 

- Before the upgrade to 2.7 (2.6FCS_P2) : in the required phone number self-registration form, the user enters his phone number with the international format without the + (because the provider doesn't want to manage the + character in the URL parameters). 

- After the upgrade to 2.7, the phone number is forced to the international format (+XX...) which prevents the URL to be sent properly to the SMS provider. 

I tried the script from the "ISE Guest Self-Registration form working with phone numbers" to change the format validation ; this  is taken in account (it works by advertising the expected format and validating an entry without the +) until you press the "REGISTER" button, and then you get an "invalid format" error message. 

So I suppose the script was written for 2.2 - 2.6, but isn't compatible anymore with some default validation done in 2.7.

How can we remove the + in the phone format to manage the phone number/ username as a pure number only ? 

By the way, the "use phone number as username" option in the portal configuration should enforce this capability, instead of displaying the option for the end user : no human being will understand what is it about, and will select this checkbox when entering the form. So, we need also a script to hide the text on the user form, and force the checkbox to true by default....

Since visitors are always in a hurry, copying the phone number from the registration form directly into the login page into the username field by the mean of a cookie would be welcomed also ... ;-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee

Please open a tac case as existing functionality is being broken. I want to bring this back to engineering. Likely we could setup a conference call with the tac and the product manager as well to see how we can avoid this issue and make it better

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee

Please open a tac case as existing functionality is being broken. I want to bring this back to engineering. Likely we could setup a conference call with the tac and the product manager as well to see how we can avoid this issue and make it better

View solution in original post

I also want to setup meeting with interesting parties, please ask the TAC to include me on the case
liboucher
Beginner

Hello,

I have just upgrade a client's standalone ISE from 2.2 to 2.7 and encounter the same problem : the users must now write +33 before their phone number when they want to register.

It is annoying for the client. I have tested the scripts given by Jason (and checked if javascript modification was accepted by ISE) but it does not change anything.

I must add that the portal was made by ISE Portal Builder. Is it why the script has no effect ?

Secondly, the portal used by the client is in French version, but there are issues with the French Portal ISE page, I cannot made any change because of an "invalid input format detected (html)" error.

I have tried on the English version though from a duplicate of the proper portal that I configured to use the English version and it was no better.

I see here that you have opened a TAC for this. Have you got any news that might help ?

Thanks

Content for Community-Ad