Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.x SMTP authentication?

Zhicheng Lun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Expert,

A customer would like to use Sponsor/Guest on ISE and let guest receive login credential thru email. According to below link, ISE 1.4 requires SMTP server should have the ability to accept any emails from the ISE without authentication or encryption.

But customer's SMTP server is resided on cloud, and that requires authentication, so, do we have any roadmap on supporting ISE-SMTP authentication and encryption?

Reference link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/119213-configure-ise-00.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don’t discuss futures or feature request in public forum please reach out to the ISE product management team thru sales channels for this request

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don’t discuss futures or feature request in public forum please reach out to the ISE product management team thru sales channels for this request

This is such a basic requirement (and easily implemented) and customers/partners shouldn't even have to ask this type of question.

zlun, if I were you I would raise a TAC case and have a bug raised.  Once you have a bug ID you can use this in your discussions with the BU.

If you look at modern cloud platforms (Meraki, Azure, etc) they have a little "Make a wish" or " Feedback" button in the platform for exactly this purpose.  I don't know how many of us can be bothered to find out the email address of the PM's and then send an email, while expecting that person to handle all these requests.  It's very old school.

There are better ways to crowd source these requests and then filter out the trends.

ISE has this Feedback button since 1.0. The existing enhancement bug ID is CSCuc97869 on this ask.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 5.42.04 PM.png

Meanwhile, here is the individual who first raised this SMTP bug back in the day ...

waiting.jpg