Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3315 Guest Portal on ETH1?

bartbruninx
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

the 3315 and other ise appliances have multiple nics.

Is it possible/supported to use eth1 for hosting the guest portal? (wireless LWA)

Tnx,

Bart

6 Replies 6

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK This is not currently supoorted in ISE AFAIK and is a feature planned for ISE 1.2

jrabinow ,

I found this reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/installation_guide/ise_app_e-ports.html

it states that the guest portal services are also listening on the other interfaces..

Could somebody please confirm?

Thanks for giving me the chance to check this out further. This is what I found:

The admin interface is restricted to eth0, the guest and sponsor portals can be accessed from all interfaces (so long as they are not running on port 443). There is a firewall rule on port 443 to allow access only from eth0.

steven.vandyk
Level 1
Level 1

I have tested this, and the portal does work on the other interface, however, I cant login with the guests, Im getting an error about the session cache.

Did you see this with an ipad? Try connecting to a webpage that isnt cached on the device itself and try an entirely different website that you havent connect to before. I saw this a few weeks back when i was setting up a POC but the issue never repeated itself once we got it working the first time.

thanks,

Tarik admani

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

in New release of  ISE 2.0 you can get  the feature. There you can decide the different port for different roles. It  will help to balance the traffic load to ISE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: