Helpful
Replies

ISE-3315, license

Erik.Verkerk_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out with the following question;

We want to buy a ISE-3315-K9 for 500 end-devices.

In the price-list I found the ISE-3315-K9 but cannot find the base license: L-ISE-BSE-500=. (I think I need this license)

Will the shipment of the ISE-3315-K9 includes a 3000 end-points base license (maximum support of the ISE-3315) or do I need to order the base 500 license seperately?

Thanks in advance,

Erik Verkerk.

7 Replies 7

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The device can support up to 3000 endpoints, It doesn't means it has a default license for 3k endpoints. For your 500 endpoints, you need to buy the base license (L-ISE-BSE-500=) separately.

muhammk2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A standalone appliance can support upto 3000 endpoints while in the  distributed deployment it can support 2000 endpoints. Base and advance  licenses are bought separately with the appliance. Base licenses support  Authentication and authorization and advance licenses support posture  and profiling feature.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

"Cisco ISE 3315 supports upto 3000 endpoints" refers to its maxm capacity to use the different services ( depends on your license type BASE/ ADVANCE) against 3k clients. The type of Services depend on 2 types license said before and the quantity of endpoints supported depend one the numerical value ( eg. here its 500 ) on the license SKU. Here it is for 500 clients. The licenses are additive , it has been designed so inorder to fit your endpoints/clients count.

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Erik,

The License would not be shipped along with the ISE 3315 device, you need to order the license seperately. And one more thing that should be kept in mind is your total concurrent endpoints . A standalone appliance can support upto 3000 endpoints while in the  distributed deployment it can support 2000 endpoints.

jwmolenaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Erik,

I'm not sure if this items is answered enough for you. But you need to order the licenses seperatly.
I also would like to tell you that the ISE-33x5 will become EoS at the end of 2013. New sns-3400 appliances are available. Please see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps11640/eol_C51-728424.html

BTW, it looks like you are from The Netherlands like me. Only Cisco certified ISE ATP partners are entitled to sell the base and adavanced license. If your current partner is not a Cisco ISE ATP partner, we from AXIANS are ATP and are willing to help you.

Best Regards,

Jan-Willem Molenaar
Technical Consultant
AXIANS
+31302485200

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Eric,

3315 does not comes with BASE license. You need to purchase the license for the same concurrent endpoint. Moreover 3315 will not be server after end of 2013. For more information over licensing please see the below attached PDF.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco ISE comes with a built-in evaluation  license, which is valid for 90 days. The evaluation license includes  both base and advanced packages and limits the number of endpoints to  100 for both the base and advanced packages

ISE 3315 is End-of-Sale

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps11640/eol_C51-728424.html

For 500 endpoint support (basic funtionality ) you  need to buy  L-ISE-BSE-500=

https://apps.cisco.com/WOC/WOConfigUI/pages/configset/configset.jsp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: