Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE-3415 vs ISE-3315

hubertzw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

two years ago I wanted to buy ISE-3315 and when we prepared order we were told we have to order following components:

- ISE-3315-K9

- L-ISE-ADV3Y-100=

Today ISE-3315 is EOS and the solution for small business is ISE-3415. The problem is we have to order following components:

- SNS-3415-K9

- SW-3415-ISE-K9 Cisco ISE Software version 1.2 for the SNS-3415-K9

- L-ISE-ADV-S-100=

The main problem is the new solution costs almost 50% more. Can someone confirm that it is correct? Or maybe I had wrong information two years ago with ISE-3315.

BTW - I need the appliance for lab and study. Do we need to buy a full license in this case?

Thank you

Hubert

5 Replies 5

If you are using this just for studies then I would suggest getting the ISE trial software for VMware.  That way when your license is about to expire, rollback to a snapshot before you istalled ISE and then reinstall it.  A little bit of a pain to do that each time the license runs out but it is free...if you have VMware already that is.

As for the price difference between 3315 and 3415 I do not know.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

Do you know if there is an option to buy the appliance and then install the trail version?

Yes you can buy the appliance and then install the trial version.  just keep in mind that once the trial time has run out you must buy the license to continue to use the features that were available with the trial version.

If using VMware, you can rollback to a snapshot prior to the installation of the ISE and reinstall the trial license and continue to use it for your studies.

Of course, if you have a budget that will allow you to buy the appliance and a full license that is provided by the trial license, then go for it.  But if you want to save some money then the VMware is the way to go.

--

--

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

yes Virtual setup is an ideal solution and i think you will get the same number of license with this.and rather then spending the money utilize the trial version and with the latest update as if you are not using 1.2 there is a difference from older version .Also 1.3 will be release this year so its better to use the trial version for study.

********************Do rate Helpful posts******************

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Well as per your mentioned SKUs , I would like to mention "Advance license does not include Base services. A Base license is required for each Advanced license. The Advanced license includes all the functionality of Plus license."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: