Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3700 question.

Greetings,

We just got these in today to replace our 3595s and was wondering on hookup.

The 3595s had to use a specific ethernet port when we got them, but the 3700s have a 4 port SFP card and I can not find anything on what port I should be using.

2x 3755 production

1x 3715 test unit.

I found this, but even it lists a 4 port copper, not SFP nor what port to use. I have not fired one up yet and maybe the initial config will ask me what port, but the 3500s just asked for IP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/sns3700hig/sns_3700_hardware_install_guide/m_sns37xxoverview.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Answered some of the questions playing with the test unit.

Initial setup still just configures GE0 the first copper port. You can then config a SFP port, but you can not deconfigure GE0. The instructions say the SFP is 2-5 left to right, but configured GE2 and it was the right SFP slot, so must be right to left numbering. These are sitting right next to our cores, so I'm going to just use a 10G copper SFP on the core and use the default GE0 that it configs as that is 10G copper anyway.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Answered some of the questions playing with the test unit.

Initial setup still just configures GE0 the first copper port. You can then config a SFP port, but you can not deconfigure GE0. The instructions say the SFP is 2-5 left to right, but configured GE2 and it was the right SFP slot, so must be right to left numbering. These are sitting right next to our cores, so I'm going to just use a 10G copper SFP on the core and use the default GE0 that it configs as that is 10G copper anyway.

I am stuck at the same situation. Got a 3795 to replace 3595s. Once I set up using GE0, how do I configure the 10gig SFP ports?

So, you will need to config the SFPs via CLI. I left mine on the G0 copper and used a 10G copper SFP on our core. bue below are some refences you can use for layout.

Pic1.jpgPic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpg