cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3rd Party Compatibility with HP

Nick3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am looking into the support for posturing & BYOD services for ISE using HP 5500 series switches, along with configuration examples.

I am aware of the "ISE Third-Party NAD Profiles and Configs" guides provided in the community pages and has a NAD profile for "HP_Wired_SNMP_CoA." When I look in the ISE 2.2 configuration guide it shows the CoA type being RADIUS and then under the table references the community pages.

My question is if the "HP_Wired_SNMP_CoA" profile is the same configuration that was used to test the compatibility of HP with ISE for those services using RADIUS? If not, where may I get the RADIUS configuration guide that was used to test this and of what version of HP was this done for (5.20.99 Release 5206)?

Also, why do I see a difference in support compatibility between the ISE compatibility matrix and that in the config guide?

Config Guide:

- Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.2 - Manage Network Devices [Cisco Identity Services Engin…

ISE Compatibility Matrix:

- Cisco Identity Services Engine Network Component Compatibility, Release 2.2 - Cisco

ISE Third-Party NAD Profiles and Configs:

- ISE Third-Party NAD Profiles and Configs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. This NAD profile has the SNMP in name to differentiate between RADIUS CoA and SNMP CoA.

This device (HP(H3C) 5500  - 5.20.99 Release 5206)  doesn't support RADIUS CoA. Therefore, we have validated/tested using SNMP CoA.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for pointing out the inconsistency in the documentation.

I've forwarded this thread to the ISE Documentation team to fix it!

Nick3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you Thomas!

Do you know if the "HP_Wired_SNMP_CoA" NAD profile is the configuration used to test the feature capabilities of ISE & HP 5500s using RADIUS as shown in the configuration guide? If so, why is the NAD profile named SNMP?

Thank you!

Yes. This NAD profile has the SNMP in name to differentiate between RADIUS CoA and SNMP CoA.

This device (HP(H3C) 5500  - 5.20.99 Release 5206)  doesn't support RADIUS CoA. Therefore, we have validated/tested using SNMP CoA.

Thank you for the reply!

Would you be able to clarify for me, why the ISE 2.2 configuration guide shows that for wired HP 5500 it was tested with a CoA type of RADIUS? Is this a different HP 5500 model or should the CoA type say SNMP?ISE Vendor Devices.png

- http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_01000.html#concept_600D0598D1DE4D47B5321DD966E1C4CE

I look forward to hearing from you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: