cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Alarm : Warning : AcsSyslogContentAaaDiagnostics:: ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DIAGNOSTIC_TOOL_ISSUES_FOUND need to complete

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3
I am running ISE version 2.6 with patch 2 and everyday I am getting this message: Alarm Name : Active Directory diagnostic tool found issues Details : AcsSyslogContentAaaDiagnostics:: ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DIAGNOSTIC_TOOL_ISSUES_FOUND need to complete Description : One or more Active Directory diagnostic tests failed during a scheduled run. Look further, I see this: Test Name :DNS SRV record query Description :Query for DNS SRV record using resolv.conf configuration and gethostbyaddr Instance :CCIESEC Status :Warning Start Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC End Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC Duration :<1 sec Result and Remedy... SRV record found.Not all SRV records have IP, will need to run additional query for get IP. Test Name :DNS SRV record query Description :Query for DNS SRV record using resolv.conf configuration and gethostbyaddr Instance :CCIESEC Status :Warning Start Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC End Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC Duration :<1 sec Result and Remedy... SRV record found.Not all SRV records have IP, will need to run additional query for get IP. The message is very vague and I don't know how to fix this. I've opened a TAC case with Cisco TAC for almost three weeks and the TAC engineer is not very responsive and no resolution so far. My DNS and NTP servers are working properly. Anyone with the same issue and how did you resolve this?
1 Reply 1

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3

better format:

Test Name :DNS SRV record query
Description :Query for DNS SRV record using resolv.conf configuration and gethostbyaddr
Instance :CCIESEC
Start Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC
End Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC
Duration :<1 sec
Result and Remedy...
SRV record found.Not all SRV records have IP, will need to run additional query for get IP.

Test Name :DNS SRV record query
Description :Query for DNS SRV record using resolv.conf configuration and gethostbyaddr
Instance :CCIESEC
Start Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC
End Time :12:58:33 28.10.2019 UTC
Duration :<1 sec
Result and Remedy...
SRV record found.Not all SRV records have IP, will need to run additional query for get IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: