Views
Helpful
Replies

ise and switch authentication and privilege level

S M85
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I'm working on an eval on vmware. I have got everything working for wlan authentication and I’m working on shell authentication for switches. On the ACS you have the possibility to give the user privilege level on the switch. You can do this with shell profiles in ACS.

Is there a way to get this done in ISE? I was thinking to make a result policy elements but I can't find a shell profile or privilege attributes like in ACS.

For the record, switch authentication is working with Active Directory. I only need to know how to give the right return attribute.

I appreciate any help!

Sander

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you're defining privilege level 7 and providing the necessary commands on the switch, you can then provide the admin with privilege level 7 by returning a Shell Profile with the Default privilege level 7.

See the Cisco ISE Device Administration Prescriptive Deployment Guide  for more details.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

tsmarcyes
Level 1
Level 1

ISE (as of now) doesnt support TACACS+ ; hence you will not be able to do shell profiles/priv. commands.

john.steiner
Level 1
Level 1

@Sander,

You were in the right area. 

Policy->Results->Authorization->Authorization Profiles.

Create AuthZ profile for Access-Accept and Under the Advanced Attributes Settings you can use:

Cisco:cisco-av-pair = shell:priv-lvl=15

or whatever privilege level you want to assign.

On your AuthZ rule, match the conditions and apply the created profile.

Hello, thank you for your response. What if you need to provide privilege level 7 with full running configuration view -> like this
privilege exec level 7 show running-config view full
Is there any option how could I set the atributes in ISE to do this?

If you're defining privilege level 7 and providing the necessary commands on the switch, you can then provide the admin with privilege level 7 by returning a Shell Profile with the Default privilege level 7.

See the Cisco ISE Device Administration Prescriptive Deployment Guide  for more details.

mexx03
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, thank you for your response. What if you need to provide privilege level 7 with full running configuration view -> like this
privilege exec level 7 show running-config view full
Is there any option how could I set the atributes in ISE to do this?

You really should use TACACS+ for this...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: