Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and windows 7 both are ESXI VMs

khaled alodat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

i'm not great in the virtual world , i need a help in my setup please .

i have ise 1.3 and windows 7 , both are VM on esxi i need to test some features like CWA, Client provisioning and posture assessment on the windows 7 .

I don't know how to place a cisco switch (physical or nexus 1000v) and connect the windows vm on it so i can start my tests.

I know a lot of people have been doing that but i could not find a a clear instruction on how to complete the configuration .

Thanks in advance.

KO

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi ,

i'm not great in the virtual world , i need a help in my setup please .

i have ise 1.3 and windows 7 , both are VM on esxi i need to test some features like CWA, Client provisioning and posture assessment on the windows 7 .

I don't know how to place a cisco switch (physical or nexus 1000v) and connect the windows vm on it so i can start my tests.

I know a lot of people have been doing that but i could not find a a clear instruction on how to complete the configuration .

Thanks in advance.

KO

Hi KO,

Try configuring both the devices in same vlan first and test your policies.

Just add simple vlan on switch with number 10 or anything and assign both the connected ports or virtual adapter on vlan 10 for connectivity.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

View solution in original post

phosawyer
Level 1
Level 1

So I have an HP DL360 G5 that has 2 nics and runs ESXi.

I have one NIC trunked and used for different server vlans.

I have one NIC on an access vlan that is protected by dot1x.

I have dot1x on the port for the access vlan and that does auths as if it was a normal PC connected. Just make sure if you have more than 1 user VM attached you set the port to multi-auth so multiple authentications can happen on the same port

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi ,

i'm not great in the virtual world , i need a help in my setup please .

I don't know how to place a cisco switch (physical or nexus 1000v) and connect the windows vm on it so i can start my tests.

Thanks in advance.

KO

Hi KO,

Try configuring both the devices in same vlan first and test your policies.

Just add simple vlan on switch with number 10 or anything and assign both the connected ports or virtual adapter on vlan 10 for connectivity.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

phosawyer
Level 1
Level 1

So I have an HP DL360 G5 that has 2 nics and runs ESXi.

I have one NIC trunked and used for different server vlans.

I have one NIC on an access vlan that is protected by dot1x.

I have dot1x on the port for the access vlan and that does auths as if it was a normal PC connected. Just make sure if you have more than 1 user VM attached you set the port to multi-auth so multiple authentications can happen on the same port