cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISE authentication reports parsed and emailed

Currently I have ISE export csv files of failed authentication attempts to a folder on a share drive through a SFTP connection. What I would like to do is have the csv exported then parsed for specific columns then emailed to certain users.  We are performing network access control for a great deal of agencies and only certain reports should go to certain people.  I currently export 2 reports daily and 1 monthly.  I would like the relevant info sent to the IT point of contacts through email automatically.  Has anyone set this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Yes, with an additional server in the mix though, this can't be done by ISE itself. The exporting of data/report is the easy part, there is no issue getting it out of ISE. Once exported, you can have a scheduled ingestion job running on the SQL server, then have the SQL server send an email once completed. This would typical require a developer/database admin to set up unless you are hiding some SQL skills in your back pocket.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Yes, with an additional server in the mix though, this can't be done by ISE itself. The exporting of data/report is the easy part, there is no issue getting it out of ISE. Once exported, you can have a scheduled ingestion job running on the SQL server, then have the SQL server send an email once completed. This would typical require a developer/database admin to set up unless you are hiding some SQL skills in your back pocket.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Damien that is the route I am going. Sadly my SQL skills are what I picked up in college years ago and not up to par with this.  We have some talented DBAs that I am talking with.

Highlighted

I went the SQL route and talked with one of our very talented DBAs.  He was able to take my cumbersome report and extract just what I needed to inform the IT contacts at the various agencies of the the unauthenticated devices being added to the network.  It sends out a report in HTML in an email after ISE does its thing.  Thank you

Content for Community-Ad