cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Authentications Load Balance Graph

Craig Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2 node ISE deployment that does Radius authentication for several WLCs and WLANs. I have the WLANs roughly configured so that half of them use ise01 then ise02 and the other half use ise02, ise01. However I am wondering if there is a dashboard graph available that I am missing that would show the number of authentications per node to see how well I have it load balanced?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dalbanil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Craig, I double check and ISE doesn't have the option to add a dashboard that shows a summary of the authentications per node, however, you can quickly generate and schedule a report that provides the information that you require, go to Operations>Reports>Reports>Endpoints and Users>Authentication Summary, at the bottom of that report you'll find: "Authentications By ISE Server"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dalbanil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Craig, I double check and ISE doesn't have the option to add a dashboard that shows a summary of the authentications per node, however, you can quickly generate and schedule a report that provides the information that you require, go to Operations>Reports>Reports>Endpoints and Users>Authentication Summary, at the bottom of that report you'll find: "Authentications By ISE Server"

davidgfriedman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any chance you send your logs to a corporate instance of Splunk?  You can do great breakdowns and graphs with Splunk to see which PSN is authenticating how much at any given time.  I also love Splunk reports for checking endpoint authentications over days/weeks time to prove to people if the device has been misconfigured for a long time.  Being ISE+DNS+DHCP, my team has to "defend our lives" a lot.  I'm sure you've seen the "it's the network" blame game.

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 3.2 and newer has this in Log Analytics (Operations > System 360 > Log Analytics).  Choose the RADIUS Authentication Summary report and scroll down to the RADIUS Authentications By ISE Server tile.

CharlieMoreton_0-1684175475181.png