Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Backup question

Thomas McLean
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I'm just wondering if someone could help - I was trying to create a repositary for my ISE backup which is on an SFTP server but ISE sent a pop up to my screen stating:

'Host key of sftp server must be added through CLI using 'crypto host_key add' exec command before this repository can be used. Also ensure that the host key string matches the host name used in the URL of the repository configuration.'

I've never setup an SFTP share for ISE - can anyone advise what this means and what the impact of running this command? Or does anyone know of any documentation to look over? We are using 1.3 patch 4

Cheers,

Tam.

1 Reply 1

The command is documented here for ISE 1.3:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/cli_ref_guide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_chapter_0101.html#ID-1363-000006cf

It won't have any impact on a running system (meaning, it won't cause services to restart), it just adds the SSH host key for the SFTP server to ISE's key repository.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: