Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE certificates renewal procedure

REJR77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to renew Admin / EAP / PxGRid certificates on my ISE deployment (2 PAN / 2PSN), that would expire at the same date

I've been throught this article
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/217191-configuration-guide-to-certificate-renew.html#anc9

I understand that I can pre-install the new Certificates before the expiration.(status will be Not In Use)

To activate the new ones, does it mean we have to:
- few days before expiration, Edit the new cert, tick the corresponding Usage
- Apply
- Restart Services (if Admin)

Is there an order to follow?
I would start with the EAP certs since there will be no service restart then Admin certs.

Then what about the Admin cert?
- Should we do first the Primary PAN / Secondary PAN or PSN?

All certs are signed by an internal CA

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your plan should work fine, just be mindful of the service restart for the admin certificate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Are you planning on using separate certificates for EAP and admin now?  I would personally activate both roles during the same maintenance window but it really shouldn't matter the order here.  Just keep in mind the service restarts.  

Hi,

No Admin, EAP and PxGrid certificates are all different

Your plan should work fine, just be mindful of the service restart for the admin certificate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: