Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Custom portal language

eric.lessard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

is there a way to have a custom portal ( file uploaded )switching depending on the language of the browser used?

I think the only way to have multiple language is to use the default portal.

Any comments?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's not possible to have ise do this for you, you will need to create this functionality yourself, maybe with some javascript code this could be done.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

wel if you don't specify the language same for every one the default for the client will be according to there local preference.

Hello,

I meant in an custom Multi-Portal...

lets say that i want 3 portail Custom_Guest_French, Custom_Guest_Italian, Custom_Guest_german with their own custom html files uploaded, could i do that and if so, how ISE will know witch portail to display according to browser language?

Please check attached

Hello,

that setting is for the default portal only

see attachment...

Eric,

I think the new ISE 1.3 might be able to help you, it seems possible to create much more customized guest portals now, without loosing all the built in features like language. Try checkcing out the docs for 1.3 guest portal settings if you haven't already.

It's not possible to have ise do this for you, you will need to create this functionality yourself, maybe with some javascript code this could be done.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Thx vattullu,

Scuse me, am french so am probably not clear or make any sense :)

i want 2 portal, one in french and the other one in English.... With french logo/banner only on the french one, and english logo/banner on  the english one. Same goes for the Welcome, the instructions etc.

Lets say i have a logo saying: Welcome to Eric World and my other logo is: Bienvenu dans le monde d'eric and i dont want both on the same portal...

The template selection is only available on the Default

the only way i can think of doing this would be with my authorisation profile as in:

if OS=french then portal_french else if OS=english then portal_english but really not sure i can do that kind of condition, with dictionnay attribute etc

in resume, what i wanna do is the same thing as swiching language template with the browser local but NOT template... switch portal!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: