Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE CWA redirect redundancy

mariusst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If in a CWA authorization profile the IP address option is used for the redirection, how will this impact on redundancy ? For instance in my implementation with 2 ISE appliances, on the Primary Admin Node the CWA profile is configured with an IP address of x.x.x.110 which is the address of the Primary ISE appliance. When the primary appliance fails how will the secondary appliance handle the above cause the x.x.x.110 ip address will then be unavailable and the new ip should be x.x.x.109....? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you check that box and set an IP address manually then all CWA requests will go to that IP/Host Name. If you want to have redundancy then you should leave that box unchecked. Doing that will allow ISE to use the FQDN of the Radius server that is currently serving that SSID. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you check that box and set an IP address manually then all CWA requests will go to that IP/Host Name. If you want to have redundancy then you should leave that box unchecked. Doing that will allow ISE to use the FQDN of the Radius server that is currently serving that SSID. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

mariusst
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: