Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Deployment: Posture and AnyConnect License

musultan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My customer is deploying the ISE with Posture and they want to use the AC ISE posture module.

I understand that posture required the APEX license on ISE and i know how to install it.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_20/b_ise_admin_guide_20_chapter_0110.html

My question is that do we still need to buy the AnyConnect APEX license (L-AC-APX-LIC=) to use the AC ISE posture module with ISE? or it is a part of ISE APEX license and where do we install this License (L-AC-APX-LIC=)?

Please refer the below doc; (See the Table-1 and Table-4)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Please advise.

Regards,

Mubasher Sultan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are going to do posture assessment using AnyConnect, you will need to purchase both the ISE Apex and ISE AnyConnect licenses.  The ISE Apex license is installed on the PAN.  The AnyConnect Apex license isn't installed anywhere.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

**UPDATED WITH CORRECT INFORMATION**

Any time you use the ISE Posture Module you need the AnyConnect Apex License.

I hope this helps.

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To add, you do need the AC Apex license but you don't need to install it anywhere.

Regards,

-Tim

Just to clarify it more,

So, when we purchase the APEX License for ISE. Does it mean that we are getting (or including) the AnyConnect APEX license (L-AC-APX-LIC=) as well?

We don't need to pay extra for the AnyConnect APEX license (L-AC-APX-LIC=) if we are already purchasing the APEX License for ISE, am i correct ?

If you are going to do posture assessment using AnyConnect, you will need to purchase both the ISE Apex and ISE AnyConnect licenses.  The ISE Apex license is installed on the PAN.  The AnyConnect Apex license isn't installed anywhere.

Regards,

-Tim

The ISE Apex License cost does NOT include the AnyConnect License.