cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Device on boarding then posture check error

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know that I can do this, but I am testing a BYOD policy where I want BYOD users who attach wired and authenticate using MAB to be forwarded to the guest portal where they enter a username and password. From there they are presented with the my device portal where they will register there device. At the end of that policy I have them being sent to the other portal to get the NAC client to do a posture check. When the page comes up for the NAC client I get an error. From there watching the authentications I eventually see a dynamic authorization with a with a posture fail??? I'm not sure what that's all about.

I have tried both of these policies individually and they both work, but when I tie them together NAC fails. My questions would be am I using the right approach to this, and can it be done this way? If it can has anyone had this error?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think your are going down the right line. can you post a screenshot of your monitoring dashboard which shows this behavior, screenshot of your authorization policies, along with your authorization results? Have you turned on the proper posturing and client provisioning policies?

Also which version of code are you on and which device are you testing with?

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*