cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE discontinues IPN/iPEP functionality?

warnold
Level 1
Level 1

All the downloads descriptions for ISE have the following statement in parenthesis "No IPN functionality".  I understand that version 2.0 will not have an IPN.  Based on the descriptions on the ISE download page the all IPN functionality has been removed for all versions available for download.  However, the release notes for 1.4 indicate that IPN 1.2.1 is included with the 1.4 download.

Which way is it?  Is IPN gone for everything or is it still an option in the 1.4 download.

I need to migrate from Clean Access to ISE and I can't do so without a CAS equivalent for my older devices that don't support COA.

6 Replies 6

warnold
Level 1
Level 1

Opps, I misread!  There is still a version 1.2.1 "IPN Functionality Only" available on the download page under the 1.2.1 listing.  Since I will be running 1.4 ISE my IPN will be 1.2.1.

Thanks,

Bill

+5 for answering your own question. :)

Following up with this topic , I have ISE 1.3 and I'm doing only wire authentication and posture.

im ready to deploy the WiFi, however I'm running Motorola wireless .

documentation state that I can use IPN, but I was hoping to upgrade to ISE 2.0.

so how does ISE 2.0 deals with environment without coa?

ISE 2.0 supports some third party devices natively; rather than using the addional node for the IPN. One of the supported devices is Motorola wireless.

Can read more in the release notes http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/release_notes/ise20_rn.html

where some of verified devices are llisted. Also following reference provides detailed technical informaion about this capability

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-105-Network_Access_Device_Profiles_with_Cisco_ISE.pdf

the document I believe states that ISE 2.0 requires NAD to be RFC 5176 compliant which basically mean NAD needs to support CoA.

IPN was to supports NAD not capable of understanding CoA I believe.

am I missing anything ? I have Motorol wireless deployed and they don't support NAD, I want to deploy ISE 2.0, am I going to the wrong path ?

Motorola wireless is one of the devices that has already been verified. Can see in the table in the release notes