Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Evaluation License

HHeydarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends.

Few months ago, I carried out ISE two node deployment and Configured several policies as we were going to get licensed version.

Purpose was testing and learning. I almost configured all of things I wanted. Yesterday, I signed in ISE and saw none of configuration and policies because of Evaluation License expiration.  I am aware of configuration, but it will take a lot of time to configure.
I would like to know is there any way to revive ISE to look at configuration? Or is it possible to install new evalution license?

One more question about certificate deployment.

CA sign user certificates and enroll automatically. But it is required users to install certificate themselves. is there another way to install certificate without user touching?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5
The easiest way to access your configuration would be to buy a license. You may be able to get another trial license if you work with your Cisco account team or Cisco partner.

Regarding certificate provisioning for endpoints, your options are either:

> The BYOD flow, where the end user is redirected through a wizard to receive a certificate

> The certificate provisioning portal, where the user manually logs in and fills out a request, downloads, and installs a cert

> Or using another provisioning method, such as AD or enrolling them into a systems manager like Meraki or AirWatch.

George

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would recommend reaching out to your account team to see if they can get you a temporary license

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5
The easiest way to access your configuration would be to buy a license. You may be able to get another trial license if you work with your Cisco account team or Cisco partner.

Regarding certificate provisioning for endpoints, your options are either:

> The BYOD flow, where the end user is redirected through a wizard to receive a certificate

> The certificate provisioning portal, where the user manually logs in and fills out a request, downloads, and installs a cert

> Or using another provisioning method, such as AD or enrolling them into a systems manager like Meraki or AirWatch.

George

Thanks each of you!

How can I install user certificates by using AD? Each user requires unique certificate for device and user. I don`t want users to install or download themselves. I want them not to aware of process if it is possible.

This should help you: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/core-network-guide/cncg/server-certs/configure-server-certificate-autoenrollment

If you want user and machine authentication, you should consider the Cisco AnyConnect NAM as well.

George

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
An alternate solution, if you want to do more work vs buying licenses you might eventually want anyways, is to restore a backup. A fresh install will have a new 90 day evaluation licenses, and restoring the backup gets you most of your deployment back, minus certificates and the second node.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: