Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Expired Certificate

Hello,

I have a question about Cisco ISE expired certificate. I attached a screenshot of the certificate which has expired, it is used for (Trust for authentication within ISE, Trust for client Authentication and Syslog, and Trust for certificate-based admin authentication), is it safe to delete this certificate since it's already expired? 

And if it should be renewed, how is it renewed? Should I generate a new self-signed certificate and assign these 3 roles to it? 

It's a distributed deployment.

Thanks Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 12.27.08 (1).png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This certificate is for "ISE OCSP Responder" of ISE internal CA. If you are not finding a valid certificate with the same subject name, then please go to Administration > System > Certificates > Certificate Management > Certificate Signing Request and choose to renew it. If another one already there with the same subject and valid, then it's safe to delete it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

This does not look like a default ISE Certificate. Since it's expired it's say its safe to delete it. No need to generate a new certificate to replace the "Trust For" options.

The Trust For options simply states whether the certificate should be used for trust within ISE (Example node clustering), Client authentication and syslog (Client authentications, obviously..) and trust for admin authentication. You could have lots of certificates with all these options enabled so deleting it does not necessary mean that you need to enable it on other certificates. 

Best Regards
Nicolai Borchorst
CCIE Security #65775

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create a new certificate and assign it the roles then delete your expired, unused certificate.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This certificate is for "ISE OCSP Responder" of ISE internal CA. If you are not finding a valid certificate with the same subject name, then please go to Administration > System > Certificates > Certificate Management > Certificate Signing Request and choose to renew it. If another one already there with the same subject and valid, then it's safe to delete it.