Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest configuration with AUP Page and limited time

marcel.schaaper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are implementing this solution. The ISE servers have been upgraded to version 2.2.0.470.

We are not permitted to change the purge time from the default 30days to 1 day?

Save is greyed out?

Also when I try to purge the MAC from the identity group it doesn't allow me, option is greyed out?

Remove all doesn't work either.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please install patch 1

see thread

ISE 2.2 Endpoint Purge Bug

Thanks,

Danny

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please install patch 1

see thread

ISE 2.2 Endpoint Purge Bug

Thanks,

Danny

Hi, Thanks.

Would you advice to install the latest patch, that's 3?

Regarding your second question.

MAC addresses profiled as 'Uknown' cannot be deleted.

Updating patches has its benefits as these are bug fixes and enhancements.

I recommend reading the Release Notes to understand if this meets your requirements

Release Notes for Cisco Identity Services Engine, Release 2.2 - Cisco

The Endpoint Identity GUI is becoming deprecated in some ways.  It's unconfirmed by Cisco and each time I ask I get no answer.  But it's clear to me that the Remove button in that part of the GUI no longer has a function - it does not work.  You cannot delete an endpoint.  In my opinion this GUI needs to be updated to reflect the current functionality.

The Add button does still work (in a limited way) since it allows you to add an Endpoint from one group to another (more like a move function).  It's not strictly an add function because you cannot physically type in a MAC address and ADD it in (this was possible in older ISE versions)

Long story short ... the current approach is to go elsewhere to manage the endpoints - go to Context Visibility and delete/add endpoints there.

marcel.schaaper
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for the info, it was very helpfull!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: