cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Portal

Roger Alderman
Level 3
Level 3

Bug CSCur89449 was present in ISE 1.3.0.876 and prevented setting the self registration page email and phone number fields as mandatory.

According to the bug search tool kit this bug is fixed in versions 1.3.0.903 and 1.4.0.253

I have just upgraded from 1.3.0.876 to 1.4.0.253 and suprise surprise the bug is still present.

This is difficult for customers who want to email or SMS guest credentials to the client since they can't make the fileds on the self registration page mandatory.

Has anyone seen this bug fixed?

Regards

Roger

7 Replies 7

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Are you saying that the options to make it mandatory are missing, or are they not being enforced ?

Its basically as described in the bug. The options are not being enforced.

You can set the email and phone number fields as mandatory, save the settings, go back in and the changeshave not been invoked.

Interesting, it works fine in my lab on ISE 1.4

I'd previously upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3 and then to 1.4 but I still see the bug.

I'm going to try a re-image with 1.4 - hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Stuff like this almost always turns out to be related to the browser/version and caching of ise pages in the browser, did you try to use another machine to configure ise with, or maybe just clear everythin from your browser and then try to set the options ?

Hi Jan

I've re-imaged to 1.4 and I'm still seeing the issue with the self -registration page.

I've tried duplicating the default self-registration page and also creating a new page but in both instances when you set the fields as required and then save the settings, the fields revert back.

I've also tried several browsers to no effect - I can't really see it as a browser issuse anyway.

Are you saying that you can successfully mark the email and phone number fields on the self-registration portal as required?

I've logged a TAC case for this as this bug is supposedly fixed.

Regards

Roger

Hmm, i see your point, i missed that your problem was that when you exit the page it reverts to not being required. However i just tried with the "Portal Test URL" button, and even though the checkboxes are not set, the actual web page shows them as required, and i am unable to create a guest, without typing an email and phone number. i attached screenshot of the settings page after it reverted to not saying that the email/phone is required, and one from the test portal page, where it actually still enforces those settings....very strange. Are you seeing something different once you actually use the page on wireless ?