cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - How long ISE will hold the profiled devices?

muthumohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After ISE profiles a device, for how long it holds that information in the endpoint identity store? Is there a purge mechanism? The reason I ask is, what if a guest comes and connects to a network and never comes back again. Will ISE hold the profiled MAC address of the device for ever?          Is there a way to purge if the MAC is not seen on the network for x days? Or is there a manual purge?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Mohan 

10 Replies 10

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohan,

I don't believe there's a way to automate deletion after X days. Last time I heard this question asked - it was supposed to be done manaually.

What is the use case you were thinking of?

M.

I have an enhancement request in TAC asking for this feature. I have an ISE deployment which wants users to be statically assigned which will overwhelm the db after some time. I will have to check my notes and will forward the bug id to you.

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

cpaquet
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Tarik,

Have you heard from TAC about an automatic purging feature for profiled device? 

Regards,

Cath.

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

looking into 1.2 there should be a configurable value onpurging, but may not specific to profiling

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

In current version you have to remove the profiled device manulay.But configurable Purging is still in roadmap of ISE 1.2

Hi,

Does anyone have a status update on the purging of endpoints? I am running the latest ISE version (so 1.2) and I would like to be able to do this automatically based on inactivity.

Thanks

Tom

I was working with one of the TME from the ISE BU regarding the enhancement request that I had filed. Let me reach out to him and will post back once I hear from him.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

ok thanks

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Feature is expected to be released in the 1.3 code from the individuals that are working with me from cisco.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Okay, thank you for the feedback

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: