Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Import NAD via CSV -> NDG fail

Denis_from_BE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to import +100 NADs into my ISE deployment. I downloaded the import csv template available in the import page.
When I try to fill the document with one node as a test, I keep having the same issue:
'Failed NDG doesn't exist'

However the NDG exists, here it is from the 'export' document:
'Location>All Locations>Customers>L_ac03700>L_ac03707_JDLC'

So here's how I filled my import template:
'ac03707-MSW-045,MS2/40,100.88.36.115/32,Unknown,Unknown,Location>All Locations>Customers>L_ac03700>L_ac03707_JDLC,RADIUS,blablabla.......'

It seems that the way I separate the sub-groups isn't correct. I tried many ways like:
Locations>Customers>L_ac03700>L_ac03707_JDLC,
Locations#Customers#L_ac03700#L_ac03707_JDLC,
Locations Customers L_ac03700 L_ac03707_JDLC,
Customers>L_ac03700>L_ac03707_JDLC,
Customers#L_ac03700#L_ac03707_JDLC,
L_ac03700>L_ac03707_JDLC,
L_ac03707_JDLC,

I'm kind of lost, I thought the import was more straight forward.

Any ideas ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Denis_from_BE 

The syntax is:

Location#All Locations#ABC|IPSEC#Is IPSEC Device#No|Device Type#All Device Types#Switch

I recommend creating manually one NAD and then exporting this one. In the exported CSV you can check how ISE set the NDGs and use this information to set it accordingly in your import file.

Best regards

View solution in original post

Hi @Denis_from_BE 

I think you can set the vendor of the NAD by filling out the field 'Profile:String(128):Required'.

Best regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Denis_from_BE 

The syntax is:

Location#All Locations#ABC|IPSEC#Is IPSEC Device#No|Device Type#All Device Types#Switch

I recommend creating manually one NAD and then exporting this one. In the exported CSV you can check how ISE set the NDGs and use this information to set it accordingly in your import file.

Best regards

Simple, quick and easy. Thanks a lot @martin.fischer it works !
I exported an existing NAD into the same group and took the export file as template.

By the way, it's just too bad we can't define the Device Profile into the import file (vendor)

Hi @Denis_from_BE 

I think you can set the vendor of the NAD by filling out the field 'Profile:String(128):Required'.

Best regards

Thanks again @martin.fischer that is the best solution and it worked for me. I've been able to add my +100 nodes in a second.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: