Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE IN AWS - 2020

MR203
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I saw some older post inquired about ISE in AWS. The client wanted to migrate ACS to ISE and wanted to build TACACS redundant ISE instance in AWS. My understanding is that , ISE in AWS  is possible if we can spin VMWARE ESXI in AWS and install ISE in the VMWARE.

I don't know if the cost to spin vmware in AWS and i think it will be expensive based on the HD requirement of 15tb. 

Does cisco support the solution?  can you point me to some documentation that discuss AWS and ISE deployment ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no official support for ISE in the public cloud, be it with VMware cloud or natively as a SaaS app.  

It is theoretically possible to run ISE on VMware cloud in both AWS and Azure, but it is just that, a theory. It has not been tested by the ISE business unit, and due to that it has no official support.

In both cloud providers, VMware cloud used to require a minimum of three baremetal hosts, it's a very expensive way to host ISE if the customer is not already using the solution.  You can look at the pricing for AWS yourself, but even in the watered down single host option you are looking at $67,452 plus data charges.  https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws/pricing

In the future it's entirely possible that the ISE BU may test and certify ISE running on VMware Cloud, but until that point you would be doing so at your own risk. In the mean time, you can submit a "feature enhancement".  

Possible: yes
Supported: no

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

look at the this thread helps you :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-vm-aws/m-p/3531373

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I've not yet deployed ISE in AWS, but there have been several discussions on the topic, with confirmation from Cisco that you'll get support, as it's, in the end, installed on a supported supervisor. Here's on example.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no official support for ISE in the public cloud, be it with VMware cloud or natively as a SaaS app.  

It is theoretically possible to run ISE on VMware cloud in both AWS and Azure, but it is just that, a theory. It has not been tested by the ISE business unit, and due to that it has no official support.

In both cloud providers, VMware cloud used to require a minimum of three baremetal hosts, it's a very expensive way to host ISE if the customer is not already using the solution.  You can look at the pricing for AWS yourself, but even in the watered down single host option you are looking at $67,452 plus data charges.  https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws/pricing

In the future it's entirely possible that the ISE BU may test and certify ISE running on VMware Cloud, but until that point you would be doing so at your own risk. In the mean time, you can submit a "feature enhancement".  

Possible: yes
Supported: no

Thank you Sir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: