cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
aevans
Beginner

ISE licence move from Mobility to base

Hi,

I have a question about how to migrate from mobility licences to standard base and plus licences. Due to the way the licencing works within ISE I am unable to install the base licence with a mobility licence already installed. They can't exist together!

My question is how are endpoints affected when I remove the mobility licences?  For a short period of time ISE will have no licenses existing on the deployment until I install the base ones. This is a Hospital with around 2500 endpoints connected at any time so I need to understand the impact.

Has anybody else ever had to do this?

Thanks

Ant

2 REPLIES 2
Thiago Perrini
Enthusiast

Hi

Did you found a solution for that specific problem?

I have the same issue with ISE 2.1 and should apply a new BASE/APEX/PLUS License.

I always receive that error:

"Failed validation, cannot install base license when mobility and mobility upgrade count is not equal."

Hi,

The way I fixed this was to remove all mobility licence off ISE and then install the new non mobility licences (base,plus & apex) the two different types can’t exist together.

Regards

Ant
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad

ISE Webinars

Miss a previous ISE webinar?
Never miss one again!

CiscoISE on YouTube