cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Reyad Safi
Beginner

ISE License for WLC

Hello Experts

i have ISE with advanced license for 1500 user , and i have WLC 2504 , and i need to integrate the WLC with the ISE to get ISE features for the Wireless users  like posturing , remediation and the authentication as well .

my question : is the advanced license is enough , or shall i install the Wireless License to the ISE to have the integration...

your feedback and inputs appreciated....

Reyad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is some information regarding the different types of licenses -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_man_license.html#wp1074395

Essentially a wireless license is much like the base license if your deployment is 100 percent wireless, the wireless upgrade is the equivalent to the advanced license once again for only a wireless deployment.

Base and Advanced covers all (wired, wireless, vpn..etc). there are no restrictions to the deployment model.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ahmad Murad
Beginner

The advanced license plus the base license is enough, and you can use it for your wireless setup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Ahmad & thank you for your feedback...

what is the wireless licence , and the wireless upgrade...

i asked Cisco Partner about this issue and he confirmed , i need to install the licence upgrade to my ISE to have the ISE features for the wireless users , so im confused now....

Here is some information regarding the different types of licenses -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_man_license.html#wp1074395

Essentially a wireless license is much like the base license if your deployment is 100 percent wireless, the wireless upgrade is the equivalent to the advanced license once again for only a wireless deployment.

Base and Advanced covers all (wired, wireless, vpn..etc). there are no restrictions to the deployment model.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad

ISE Webinars

Miss a previous ISE webinar?
Never miss one again!

CiscoISE on YouTube