Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE licenses migration

yurii.chornyi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! 

Some time ago my customer bought licenses from the "traditional model" (Base + Apex) and they work fine for older versions (up to 2.7). There is another license tier Plus which wasn't bought because we don't need that functionality. However with version 3.0 Cisco moves to "Smart licensing" and changed whole licensing mode. 

Here is the thing. We need functionality from "Premier" tier but according to the information from TAC we can't migrate to Premier without Plus licenses. I raised ticket to the TAC regarding licensing and they just refused possibility of the licensing migration even though we have most advanced licenses on board which is strange for me.

Is there any options? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hariholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yurii,

The Base + Apex licenses must translate to Premier licenses. 

For instance, a 1000 Base + 500 Apex licenses must be converted to 500 Essentials and 500 Premier licenses.

-Hari

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hariholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yurii,

The Base + Apex licenses must translate to Premier licenses. 

For instance, a 1000 Base + 500 Apex licenses must be converted to 500 Essentials and 500 Premier licenses.

-Hari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: