cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Live Log Network Devices

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed in my live logs that my WLC's consistently show as the authenticator for users, but when I have an authentication for a wired user it will show the port the user is connected to, but not the hostname for the device. Anyone know why that would be?

Thanks

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

In 2.4 I am able to see the network device name ( as configured in ISE not the hostname) and the device port for 802.1x wired authentications. 

However, when an auth is repeated with the same results it will omit the network device information in the live log view. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. I would check the repeat counter in the live logs or the details of the session to see if that is the case. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

In 2.4 I am able to see the network device name ( as configured in ISE not the hostname) and the device port for 802.1x wired authentications. 

However, when an auth is repeated with the same results it will omit the network device information in the live log view. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. I would check the repeat counter in the live logs or the details of the session to see if that is the case. 

I've been running this since 2013, and never noticed that. Hilarious. I reset the counter and I started to see some switches come in. Thanks bud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: