Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE MDM integration and high availability

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ISE pros,

I already did some stuff with the ISE and always successfully avoided the MDM integration topic somehow.

Unfortunately, I cannot avoid it my whole life - therefore I have some questions around it - especially SCCM integration.

I checked the guide here to see how SCCM integration is configured.

The question is: Is it possible to configure multiple redundant SCCM servers in the ISE MDM configuration?

All the examples are in the style: "Please configure the FQDN or IP address of the SCCM server in the field ..."

Typically there are more than just one server... do how to handle this situation on the ISE side?

1.) Configure multiple SCCM servers? Is it possible to include both servers in a single authorization rule?!

2.) Use a load balancer ... the ISE talks with the load balancer and the load balancer known multiple SCCM servers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not have personal experience with SCCM but I believe your best option is to go for a load balancer to front the service using a virtual IP. Even though we may put multiple MDM conditions in an authorization policy rule but an endpoint may associate with one and only one MDM server.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not have personal experience with SCCM but I believe your best option is to go for a load balancer to front the service using a virtual IP. Even though we may put multiple MDM conditions in an authorization policy rule but an endpoint may associate with one and only one MDM server.