Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Migration Tool: Cannot connect to ACS

david_mayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to launch the Cisco migration tool to migrate data from ACS 5.2 to ISE 1.1.

When I launch the migration.bat file, I get:

C:\migTool>migration.bat
log4j:WARN No such property [encoding] in com.cisco.acs.positron.migration.utils.Log4jTextAreaAppender.
INFO [main] MigrationApplicationDriver.main:56: Starting Application, in the main method......
INFO [main] Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@ad1355: startup date [Thu Jul 11 16:46:09 CEST 2013]; root of context hierarchy
INFO [main] Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [conf/META-INF/beans.xml]
INFO [main] Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@1a26eb1: defining beans [exportAuthorizationProfileCache,exportConditionRightOperandCache,exportDevicesCache,exportEnumAttributeIdCache,exportEnumerationCache,exportGenericAttributesCache,exportIdentityAttr
ibuteCache,exportIdentityDictionaryCache,exportIdentitySourceCache,exportPredefinedDataCache,exportRADIUSDictionaryCache,exportServicesCache,exportManagerImpl,m
igrationApplicationManager,migrationPhaseStatefulComponent,stateManager,migrationProcedureModel,migrationApplicationGUI,defaultImportObjectHandlerFactory,import
AllowedProtocolCaching,importAuthZProfileCaching,importDateTimeCaching,importDevicesCaching,importEndPointCaching,importExternalIdentityStoresCache,importIdenti
tySourcesCaching,importPolicyElementsCache,importRadiusProxyCaching,importUsersCaching,importManagerImp,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalConfigura
tionAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalAutowiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalRequiredAnnot
ationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalCommonAnnotationProcessor]; root of factory hierarchy
INFO [main] Start parsing query XML file ...
INFO [main] Start parsing procedure XML file ........
INFO [Thread-5] Start connecting to ACS5 PI
WARN [Thread-5] Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
ERROR [Thread-5] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-5] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-5] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that:

1. Migration interface is enabled in the ACS 5 server.
2. ACS 5 services are running.
3. ACS 5 IP and username and password are correct.
4. ACS 5 has a compatible license installed.
INFO [Thread-6] Start connecting to ACS5 PI
ERROR [Thread-6] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-6] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-6] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that:

1. Migration interface is enabled in the ACS 5 server.
2. ACS 5 services are running.
3. ACS 5 IP and username and password are correct.
4. ACS 5 has a compatible license installed.

Then, I click on Export from ACS, and when I set my ACS server name and password, I obtain:

"

ERROR [Thread-9] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that: INFO [Thread-9] Start connecting to ACS5 PI
ERROR [Thread-9] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-9] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-9] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that:

1. MIgration interface is enabled in the ACS5 server

2. ACS 5 services are running

3. ACS 5 IP and username and password are correct

4. ACS 5 has a compatible license installed"

Can anyone help me ?

Best regards,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enabled the migration web interface? Ensure that you have configured the Cisco Secure  ACS 5.1/5.2 source machine with a single IP address. The migration tool  may fail during migration if each interface has multiple IP address  aliases.

Supported document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0.4/migration_guide/ise10_mig_install.html

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enabled the migration web interface? Ensure that you have configured the Cisco Secure  ACS 5.1/5.2 source machine with a single IP address. The migration tool  may fail during migration if each interface has multiple IP address  aliases.

Supported document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0.4/migration_guide/ise10_mig_install.html

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hello,

I could finally find how to enable the migration web interface. This step was not mentioned in the migration tool guide.

The command is:

acs config-web-interface migration enable

Many thanks,

David