Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - MobileIron - MDM - BYOD

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm interested to hear from anyone who is  using ISE in conjuction with Mobile Iron or other MDM product.

The part I want to look at is the Complince Checking.

If you have an Android Phone whitch is rooted Mobile Iron lets you know and doesn't allow the device on.  But if you hide the SU Biniary String, the phone is seen as compliant.

I'm wondering if anyone is using ISE, and check if ISE idetifies this as a rooted phone?

Many thanks in advance

Craig

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Craig,

The current release of ISE doesnt have the feature to check mobile devices in this manner. The profiling feature allows them to be profiled and the latest client (CNA) allows ISE to push certs and network configuration profiles. However an upcoming release is rumored to have some integration with MobileIron (based on a recent demo from MobileIron) but I do not know what that will entail.

If a user is able to mask a check from MobileIron for being rooted then that should be considered a bug that MobileIron should address.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hello, The ISE v1.2 will support this feature, and it gonna be release soon. May be with in the week.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: